Monday 20 January 2014

Creating Horror films and history of their cycles

The History of Horror from FilmmakerIQ.com on Vimeo.

This is a video which very effectively shows the past cycles of horrors in time. It does not help me directly with creating the film but it gives me lots of ideas i'd like to incorporate but i almost feel like it is too late. I feel like my idea for my short horror so far is a bit bland and needs some new ideas to scare the audience who i am sure have seen many horrors before.

This also brings up one of my biggest fears about creating this short film, that is the sounds used. Foleying is something i am not too worried about, but great horrors such as 'Psycho' have great sound during murders. I would be more than happy to have similar sorts of sounds from an orchestra but i am not very music literate myself and will have to find help to create my own sounds. Here is one of the most popular scenes ever created in the horror genre.


The sounds come from 0:57 - 1:52



No comments:

Post a Comment