Friday 17 January 2014

Tips on creating a movie poster.

I enjoy photography and generally editing and manipulating photographs to suit my own desires so i feel like i will find creating a movie poster easy and enjoyable but i have searched different techniques on creating a movie poster. Here's my favourite site telling me how to create the best movie poster possible.

Attention


Have something feature to capture the attention of passers by, something provocative always works but that does not appeal to me or the audience i am searching for. I do not want this short move to appeal to teenage boys who're just interested in nudity. 

Including something which stands out and has a blank background behind. I do not want objects in the background to be brought to attention, rather just what's in the foreground. So I'm not including anything in the background.

Iconography


Bring out themes without being too explicit, using the reception theory. Making the viewer have to understand what is being shown rather than them knowing at first glance.

Interest


Provide an incentive to view my shirt film. Possibly add text with an unanswered question, as if it's hooking the audience in. Make it not fully understandable about what is being said.

Appeal 


Create it similar to other posters or  similar themes to successful movies posters. For example if you had a poster similar to the Dark Knights movie poster the fans of the Batman franchise may be driven to see said film. 

Style


Have a certain style and keep font similar through out along with colour schemes.

Lasting Appeal


Include something that could possible become the front cover of a DVD case. I will not feature a said DVD case but researching and looking at covers i already own i can grab a few ideas. Although i will have to remember to feature cast and a coming up date or the classic "COMING SOON".


No comments:

Post a Comment